HOW YOU CAN HELPBeginning in 2014, we regret that due to lack of space and handling, we can no longer accept bags of clothing. Your donations of socks, underwear, hats and gloves and heavy-duty sleeping bags are still most welcome. If you have donations of larger clothing items, we suggest you contact James Woods: Streetfire Ministries (209) 922-6626, (860) 704-9673 (Office), JamesSingsForJesus@gmail.com, or Kim Kincy:(860) 922-6626. These folks specialize in processing and distributing clothing. You may also bring donations to Goodwill. Our guests receive vouchers to G.W. and some find employment there.
We also need your help by providing hygiene items (shampoo, body wash, deodorant, tooth brushes, tooth paste, shaving items).
- Sleep Bag Donations: Many of our guest need good, clean sleeping bags. Call Tracy Thompson, Administrative Assistant, 860-344-0097 x. 10.
- Connect-to-Care: Representatives from Social Security, Gilead, Kuhn, River Valley Services, Adult Education, and more come to the Soup Kitchen dining room the second Thursday of each month from 10:30 to 11:30 to dispense information and help people enlist in programs.
- Toiletries (hygiene items) are needed year round, as well as during the Christmas season: Donations of mens' and womens' deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, tooth paste, tooth brushes, razors and shave cream are being collected during the month of November. Please bring them to 617 Main Street, Middletown between 8:30 and 3:30, week days. Donations can be brought to our office at 617 Main Street, Middletown, Monday through Friday, 8 to 3.
- Additional Food Pantry Resources: Mobile Food Pantry AME Zion Church, 440 West St., Middletown, 2nd Thurs of month, 11 –Noon – Bring your own bags.
- Stop & Shop gift cards in $10 and $20 amounts are also needed throughout the year to help people with specific needs.
- Make a financial donation to St. Vincent de Paul. More than 75% of our annual budget is made up of gifts from individuals and businesses in our community. Please help!
- Volunteer administrative support/office skills. Contact Tracy Thompson, 860-344-0097 x 10.
- Help prepare and serve food in our Soup Kitchen, every day between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Participate in Families Feeding Families. Join area businesses, churches,
schools and individual families who have committed themselves to providing
monthly contributions of food to maintain Amazing
Grace pantry services.
- Stock shelves and assist shoppers at Amazing
Grace on Mondays, Wednesdays,
and Fridays. Contact Kathleen Kelly, 860.347-3222.
- Hold food drives at schools, churches and businesses. Contact Kathleen
- Organize winter clothing (coats, gloves, hats, etc.) or holiday gift
collections. Contact Tracy
- Prepare a Housewarming Basket for a new person or family moving into
a new apartment. (Housewarming Basket list). Contact Tracy Thompson.
- Encourage your organization to become a Community Assistance Fund Partner to provide monthly cash support to make direct emergency assistance available to people in crisis through our Outreach/Community Assistance program.
- We are unable to distribute toys.
617 Main Street
PH: (860) 344-0097
FAX: (860) 343-0023
SUPPORT SVD MIDDLETOWN
St. Vincent De Paul is a nonprofit, 501 (c ) (3) charitable institution. We rely on foundation and corporate grants, and contributions from individuals and groups in the community.
Time Money Food Shelter
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
CONNECT TO US